Yarn - A Description
We will be using the industry suggested weight catagories to make your shopping easier. Below we have listed the common name for the catagory, the gauge range (of course you knit a gauge), and the suggested needle size. The Gauge size is based on a 4 inch square or 10cm. We hope that this will make it easier for you to make your yarn selections. Some names for yarns have changed over the years and these catagories should assist us all in having common terms to talk about. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions.
(1) Super fine also called: sock, fingering, and baby. Gauge: 27 to 32 stitches with # 1 to #3 needle (2.25 to3.25mm)
(2) Fine also called: sport and baby. Gauge: 23 to 24 stitches with #3 to #5 needle(3.25 to3.75mm)
(3) Light also called: dk, light-worsted. Gauge: 21 to 24 stitches with #5 to #7 needle(3.75 to 4.5mm)
(4) Medium also called: worsted, Afghan, Aran. Gauge: 16 to 20 stitches with #7 to #9 needle(4.5 to 5.5mm)
(5) Bulky also called: chunky, craft, rug. Gauge: 12 to 15 stitches with #9 to#11 needle(5.5 to8mm)
(6) Super Bulky also called Bulky and Roving. Gauge: 6 to 11 stitches with #11 or larger needle (8mm )
|There are no products to list in this category.